PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM Research - feedback as promised: scroll down.
Old 12th Jun 2010, 10:35
JetJockeyJim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Results ....

At long last, I can finally make the results available to PPRuNe. These are only the results though, with a little text around them (and a copy of the questionnaure at the end); the full introduction, methodology, discussion, etc, will be available once I've got it signed off from Cranfield University.

It's free to download, follow this link:

[Link to the results removed; please see the links below for both the CC and Pilot articles, which summarise the results. Thanks. JetJockeyJim 7/9/12]

Click on Free User, wait for 30s, then click download and open.

Just a tiny bit of background about the questionnaire design so you know what's going on when you read the results - questions were basically split into two types. The first type replicated research that has already been done on CC CRM (not that there has been much). What I was looking for here was any change between this current research, and the previous research, based on improved training, safety recommendations, etc.

The second type of scenario based question replicated real accidents and incidents that have actually occured and been investigated by air crash investigators. Some of you may have recognised the infamous Kegworth accident in the questionnaire. Here, I was looking for changes in behaviour in how questionaire participants 'thought' they'd react in the exact same situation, and compare it against what really happened. Obviously, it's not quite the same tapping away at a computer imagining the situation and being in the real thing.

That's it for now. Many thanks again for all the responses, and I'll give you a shout when the whole document's ready. Any comments, as ever, would be welcome, below or PM.

Cheers.

Last edited by JetJockeyJim; 7th Sep 2012 at 11:06.