PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2010, 06:01
Hughes500

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts
SS

I am only giving grief as I see at first hand the waste of money.
Can you really argue that
1. you should place your asset at one end of the patch ? With 5 mins flying time to the East of your patch and more than 45 mins to the West.
2. You use the biggest most expensive machine where as the likes of you uses a cheaper and obviously just as effective machine
3. The use of 2 permenent engineers to look after one machine ( yes I know they now look after the air ambulance)

If you corrected these areas you would see cost savings. If you notice I have never gone down saying police need singles. Yes in certain circumstances they would be great, but they cant do everything a twin can. ( Before you ask I do have a twin rating and do fly them commerically)

All I have said you have to cut your cloth. It is easy to say keep this and keep that if you dont have to write out the cheques. I have to write out the cheques for 4 machines, so I know what cost saving actually means when it effects you personally. So you go down the avenue of looking very closely at all aspects of your business. If some of the police units look more closely at what they do then there are potential cost savings to be made. CC's need to stop playing with " their " train set and look at the bigger picture