PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2010, 03:05
breakfastburrito

Location: On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone is zero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it was probably instigated by some Pinhead Manager/Accountant type with absolutely no idea what it is like to become and remain a professional pilot. As it probably looks Dynamite on paper, the equally Pinhead/Accountant type guys running the show, paid this clown his short term bonus, and now look set to run with it.
KRUSTY, I will have to disagree with you here. They know exactly what it is like to become a pilot. This is the whole business model, to vertically integrate & control the pilot, from cradle to grave, so to speak. It would appear that they are trying to kill the direct entry route, so as to herd airline pilots through their profit centre & keep them as JFO's for as long as possible (~4 years by my estimation).

The modern LCC is looking & behaving very much like a sophisticated hedge fund. I wonder if this cadet scheme is constructed as a group "profit centre". Will the bonus model for this scheme be similar to the ones used by the investment banks? That is, the profit is calculate over the lifetime of the scheme, yet the bonus is paid upfront on that notional "profit". Pure speculation, of course.