PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting FAA/Canadian to Australian?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2010, 02:08
murdock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers for the response guys. I have been on the CASA website looking at the conversion of foreign license guide, and from what I have read the license conversion rules seem fairly straight forward.

I have heard about the English test going around, and hopefully I shouldn't have a problem with it... hoping anyway. I also have a JAA CPL(H), so one would assume that getting an English test would be a bit unnecessary while holding 3 different ICAO licenses, but who knows, and we all know what assuming does to us. The whole industry is all about getting money out of us.

Yes, I have a working visa for Australia, so that part ain't a problem. I have recently written to CASA and am awaiting their response to everything, to make sure I am doing everything correctly. I already have most of my Australian medical done, just gotta get some blood tests completed next week. I am also in the process of applying for the ARN.

Mainly I am just asking if anyone has any experience with AFT online, and those who have done their Australian CPL(H), ATPL(H) and IREX written exams, if they found it necessary to have all the maps and books that I was referring to earlier that AFT Online says I must have. It just seems a bit heavy to have to spend $600 on reference materials. I recently just did my Canadian IFR and ATPL(H) written tests, and I didn't need to have any materials, other than a calculator, whiz wheel, and a pen and pencil, just like when I did all my other exams.

Otherwise I am just looking for some good advice on schools for doing the flight test and where might be a good place to look for work.

Thanks again.