PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2010, 18:53
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alot like BA out of LHR and KLM out of AMS...simply unmatchable.
Out of AMS they are...

A lot like, as I said, FR out of DUB, U2 out of LTN, BA out of LHR - dominant carriers.

Just because they dominate doesn't make them a quality carrier! Ryanair carry 70m people a year yet they are hardly SQ...

As I have said many times before, please read what you are posting before you actual post it! It saves us all the embarrassment...

Many thanks.

Elsewhere, it is reported that SQ is attracting F class passengers on the SIN-MAN-SIN (whch is really good to see) but this expansion is more to with cargo and will be even more interesting if one believes what will happen to this route in the medium term. Remember that A380s aren't the best aircraft to have operating when you carry a fair amount of freight so whilst 2 A380s are operating out of LHR, they need some more cargo capacity which is why it's commecially useful to operate daily services again to MAN.
Good to see they are attracting a number of F passengers and I also believe EK are doing the same? Cargo has always been key on a number of MAN routes, SIN being one of them.

Virgin is gonig to 11 weekly from April next year (daily A330s, 4 weekly 747s)
Sorry, my misunderstanding.