PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting FAA/Canadian to Australian?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2010, 18:03
murdock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conversion to Australian CPL(H) & ATPL(H)

I know this may have been discussed before in other threads, but just wanted to quickly ask for some advice on getting my Australian Licenses.

I have a FAA ATPL(H) and Canadian CPL(H) and am heading down to Australia this October and wondering what is the best route (quickest and most cost effective) to getting my Australian CPL(H) and maybe ATPL(H)?

I am looking at doing the conversion with an online course provided by Advanced Flight Theory Online. According to their website the course will cost AUS$400, and about AUS$600 for materials (Maps, CAP, CAR's, etc.). Does anyone have any experience with AFT Online, and is all the material for $600 really necessary? I understand that the exams are open book, but haven't had it verified. Anyone know if that's true?

I'm not sure where to head to first when going to Australia, and I imagine it will depend a lot on where a good school is located and where the jobs are going. I am hoping to get a job in the utility industry, but am open to all options. Anyone with some good advice would be greatly appreciated. I am a utility pilot, with quite a lot of time long lining, working on fires, flying A-stars and EC-130's.

Thanks in advance.