PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2010, 11:58
eye2eye5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good service

I can't find a link on the easyJet website to provide some feedback to them, so felt this site to be appropriate.

My wife and I were booked on the EZY7207 from LPL to BCN on 6th June. The flight was subject to a 2 hour delay due to the aircraft suffering a tech. delay in BFS, with a result that the flight crew had gone out of hours. A replacement captain was required to drive from Newcastle to Liverpool to take the aircraft to BCN.

After all passengers were boarded at LPL, the captain entered the cabin and provided a full and detailed explanation for the delay and provided his apologies. In the light of a lack of clear information regarding the delay prior to this, the fact that he had taken the time to stand up in front of the passengers was extremely well appreciated by all.

It may be a small gesture, but an apology and explanation face - to - face means an awful lot and I know that both my wife and I were extremely impressed by his professionalism which reflects very well on the airline. My wife commented that she would be more than happy to fly anywhere with the captain as she had great faith in him afterwards.

What makes this more noticeable is that I can't remember a similar episode on any other delayed flight i have taken over the years. A great example of customer service and how to get it right.