PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 11th Jun 2010, 07:50
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I just want anyone who did strike to understand that all the crew, that I have worked with on eurofleet, went to work to support BA. We went to work because we did not believe a strike would do any good, it would not make any difference to any outcome, it would damage the company that pays our wages, because going to work is our job, because alot of us have lost total faith in Bassa. In my case that happened 22 years ago but I have now lost faith in my previously moderate union Amicus too.

What all of us wanted was a union that would negotiate for us. This has been going on for years. I spoke to Simon Talling Smith, over 5 years ago, about some of the changes BA were looking for and they were the same then. New disruption agreement, fixed links, Pursers in charge on eurofleet. ( Inserdently CSD's already there would have remained) Bassa have represented us very badly and that is why the majority on eurofleet and 50% of longhaul crew came to work.

It is Bassa that have caused New Fleet because of their inability to negatiate about anything. They seem unable to even agree to do hot towels in WT plus !!!! Something that would take all of 5 mins to do. They are the cause of New Fleet because they have been so intransegent in what they do. That is what most crew, who have worked, feel and that is why the vast majority of us worked, NOT FOR STAFF TRAVEL.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. I hope that makes my reasons for working, and many other eurofleet crews reasons, clearer.

Thanks.