PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for anyone who cares. . . .
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2010, 07:34
davidgrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetX....mate you brought a tear to my eye, I thought the passion had died.
I look back now over the past 40 years or so in GA and would I change anything at all???.... and the answer is there are a squillion things I wish hadnt happened, and a squillion things I would have done differently if I had my time over again...but at the end of the day I look back at the memories, the adventure.... bugger all to show for it.... but would I have changed it???...Na!!!..Its been a privilege, my only regret is I sometimes feel... where was that special person to share those adventures with, those magic sights, those magic moments, those characters I met? Ga is such a solo event sometimes darn it!!
I think back and some of the things we did back then to get the job done, would see you locked up today, and its funny how the Sh....ty events, over time change into a humorous story to tell your grandkids. " There I was...nothing on the clock but the makers name....."..embellished of course with the passage of time..
I agree with you, there are a few pontificating buffoons out there, but there are also some old greybeards who are able and willing to pass on their wealth of experience, so seek them out. My Dad who taught me to fly said right at the beginning...
" when you think you know it all...give it up and find something else to do" There are some about the industry who perhaps this applies to..ego is a terrible disease in a pilot.
Congratulations mate...thank god there is actually someone else out there who actually loves what their doing, keep the passion alive!!
Safe Flying