PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach Speed vs Command Speed (737 NG)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2010, 05:58
in FACT is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Vref is 130 kts and the head wind component is 8 kts
Oakape,

I'm sorry my mistake not to explain , I mean here is the head wind is 16 kts, so take half of it 8 kts, than you add this to your Vref that comes to 138 kts to fly until approaching touch down, than you touch down with Vref+5 (on the bug), otherwise what is Boeing means by :

while the steady headwind correction should be bled off as the airplane approaches touchdown
bled off to what speed..??

would it be correct if you have steady strongth head wind (no gust at all) just to set Vref+5 on the bug than fly manually with the Vref+ head wind correction, and what is the different between command speed and approach speed....??

what should I set on the MCP, if for example I have 10 kts head wind correction and 10 kts gust correction, and fly mannually, so I have to set on the MCP Vref+20 kts (in this example 150 kts) then approaching touch down to bled off the steady wind correction to 140 kts at 50 ft AGL, looking at the figur on speed tape, while command speed bug give better indication if you set to 140 kts to maintain until touch down, my apologize this only my understanding from FCTM and my poor english (not my mother language), I'm new in the cockpit