PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deer Air
Thread: Deer Air
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 22:11
On Final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Deer Air (Capital)

Hello, I have a friend that has been working for Deer Air for right on 2 years and loves it. He was one of the first pilots hired and I have been talking to him from the beginning up until now. I remember when he first started with some of the growing pains but he sure likes his job now.

I think from what I have heard. it seems like the place to be in China, or one of the few good places to be. He told me the approaches were all in the data base, you can manage non percision approaches, western culture with the pilot group ( no old chinese senior captain politics,they dont really like laowais we make more money)paid on time, they treat him very good.

The interview process in China from what I have heard and experienced myself seems about the same. The western pilots like myself are use to a better lifestyle and accomodations than the Chinese. So, on the interview most places will tend to suck..!!

Like JoJo mentioned once you are flying the line it is a different World, and how you are treated then and paid is most important.

One thing for sure, China is short pilots and you will see the pay keep going up and up. It is hard for the Chinese carriers to get pilots to work and stay for any length of time because it is so far away.

Good Luck,

On Final