PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 10th Jun 2010, 19:19
Flap33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Tiramisu

Great post, as someone on the other side of the locked door I have read most of your posts throughout the last 6 months and wish that just a few more crew would be as supportive as yourself.

With regard to the future, the BASSA hard-liners will NEVER read or believe anything written by the company, I just don't think that they have it in them. So what will they believe, we basic hard facts - New Contract or P45 in 90 Days.

If BASSA decide to strike again, firstly I think that it will be on very dodgy ground, secondly WW has the potential to run 100% service with a combination of reduced crew/service, more VCCs and "other" means. 12 weeks after the next strike BA will be running like clock-work, 90 Days notice for New Contract will be up and those that are still involved with IA will be OUT. Out by having resigned rather than being dismissed.

I do have a problem with the New Contract option, and that is how to not take down the existing crew that have worked through te IA. I am confident that WW would issue New Contracts that are equal to the deal offered by BA last June - after all it saved the necessary £millions. As for the £120M lost so far, I reckon it will be written off as a cost of ridding the airline of BASSA and it's most millitant members. I would presume that some form of No-Strike condition would be attached to the New Contract.

As for the future of the brand, a name change to BA.com (he did it at Aer Lingus) and a massive autumn/winter promotion to get the premium cabins buzzing again.