PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Transat - Captain Pich'e Movie
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 14:48
MAN2YKF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breguet: "When the 4 of them walked in they all had a long face, not reflecting a job well done."

I am not a trainned psychologist but traumatic experience like this leave sequel (lack of sleep ect.). The what if...question is always present.

As for not ditching (Air Transat) the were lucky as the nat track they got was a lot closer than the one the file for so Lady Luck did not abandon them completely.

But i have to give credit to Air Transat in their ability to spin control the info/news.

Long faces, after going through what they had just been through and then moved from Country to country to avoid the press for 5 days would make anyone look tired and drawn.
My wife was on that flight and i can assure you she wasn't laughing and smiling for sometime!

Lady luck was on there side that night, there flight path was changed several times and the last change had them closer to the Azore's and yes, the FO played a major part in getting the aircraft there. From what i have been told there was no discussion once it was suggested.
As for a ditching, all the crew were told to prepare for the ditiching, no one knew for sure if they would make it.
So Dungdriver back off! he might be the scum in your eyes, but he's a hero in mine and of those in the US where he and the FO were honoured!