PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low flying over private property
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 11:48
goldox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low flying over private property

I was wondering what laws/policies are in place, if any, regarding gliders, balloons, microlights etc. flying low over peoples houses and gardens.

I am prompted to ask this after noticing a big increase in these flying over my neighbourhood in Oxfordshire, they must get a pretty good view of what's going on in peoples private houses and gardens.

To be honest I am not that much bothered myself (I am usually watching THEM via high-powered binoculars anyway), and I usually give a cheery wave from my garden and often get one in return (even from my bedroon window recently!! That could be dodgy!!)

I notice there was much discussion on this topic on a forum for Newbury, Berks residents and the question of invasion of privacy, snooping, noise pollution and disturbance was brought up but no-one seemed to know what actual regulations were in place, or what to do if someone was deliberately circling overhead after being signalled to "please go away"... as was reported there.

This is a genuine question please, I'm not wanting to start a slanging match, thanx.