PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 11:44
Roxy_Chick_1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it isnt needed to fulfill J* pilot recruitment needs. However large sums of money is changing hands here, so ill let you make any inferences you want.

As for reasons people would sign their life away to sit in a jet, several of my colleauges have sent in an app. Reasons they have given me include:

-It has always been their dream to fly an airliner
-It provides a high likely-hood of direct employment in said airliner
-No mucking around traversing the country in search of a first job which may or may not exist
-Although the initial salary may be low, it is perceived to be more than what may be on offer in entry level GA
-Flying is expensive, you are already paying 80k+ to get all those credentials off the street so whats another 70k (including a degree) going to matter, especially when it is unlikely i will ever actually see this money

For the record, J* will not receive my application for this intake of their cadet program. However, this offer has been put on the table, and seeks to provide opportunites to new aviators not seen in Australia for many years (if ever?). I think every aviator must be able to decide for themselves if this is right for them. Many of you need to understand that some people were born with airliners in there eyes, and that is all they have ever wanted to do. This program will satisfy these people, and provide them a clear pathway to exactly where they want to be. Only difference is, they wont be using the GA industry as a bridge, and this will, IMO, improve conditions in GA.

Good luck to us all! No matter which path we choose/chose to take!

Last edited by Roxy_Chick_1989; 10th Jun 2010 at 11:55.