PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 604 typed pilots in the UK
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 11:35
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keithskye, as you know there are many on these boards who have been out of work for some time. Blowing your own trumpet about your level of expertise and professionalism is one thing,
I know that there are pilots who would happily work for less to get my job, but in the end, its up to the owner to decide whether the corner he cuts on salary is worth the risk of possibly having a less proficient and efficient crew holding his life and the life of his loved ones and business associates and guests in their hands....
I think it saved me and a group of other less experienced pilots when, as part of a group of 6 twin Cessnas on an air tour of the north side of the Grand Canyon, with snow showers increasing and visibility and ceiling dropping rapidly with us down inside the canyon, I told everyone to follow my lead and start climbing (on diverging headings for separation) and calling center for a squawk and a clearance, even though technically we were on a VFR-only passenger carrying tour flight and our aircraft were not "legal" to fly IFR. We all climbed out on top and flew back to home base without an incident...
but advertising your salary repeatedly at just about every opportunity is highly likely to p***s many off.

I fly a CL604 based in the UK and I am paid $163,000 or at today's exchange rate 102,000 GBP

and just in case nobody read that, you repeat it...

I fly a CL604 based in the UK and I am paid $163,000 or at today's exchange rate 102,000 GBP or 117,000 Euro. I get $120/day per diem...

and for good measure, incase we missed it twice....

What I've learned is that my income on the bizjet side is very good for what I do (about 100K GBP)...
Are you surprised that you attract derogatory remarks?