PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 10th Jun 2010, 06:20
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Nunn
That office over on the Bath road is turning into something of a refuge for the sacked and sidelined of BA. Corrupt schedulers

Originally posted by Eddy
Gotta take issue with that statement..... The person you're referring to was perhaps the fairest, most caring person dealing with crew on a day to day basis. He was an asset to the company and an asset to the crew community and, of course, sometimes that makes the company uncomfortable
I'm afraid I have to agree with Flying Nunn, Eddy. It all depends on how well you know the scheduler, and corrupt he was, I'm afraid.
During the last strike in '97, days before the strike took place, the sacked scheduler was rostering trips to gutless CSDs full of bravado crying "strike, strike" knowing full well they were going to be away, stuck in outstations on lucrative nightstops for four to five days. This is fact, as unfortunately I happened to be stuck on a nightstop with one of them.
The so called scheduler was also leaking like a sieve, giving inside information to the BASSA reps whilst on duty during the strike.

On another note, interesting that the previous Chairman of BASSA has resigned from the UNION (I don't mean La la by the way.)

I'm BA cabin crew and the above are my personal views.