PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Pilot needs advice
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 02:31
Walking Ballast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rabid

I was having similar issues with an instructor, but this chap had over 5000 hours before he became an instructor, and you would never do anything as well as he could, I found it very frustrating that halfway thru a manoeuvre he would call “taking over” and then proceed to tell me that my skills were not up to speed and that I was not suitable to wash an aircraft let alone try to learn to fly. I had a lot of self doubt and questioned if I should continue.

It literally came down to one day I decided to pull the pin, but I had a few dollars credit in my account left so why not fly it off. My regular instructor was off sick and I had another instructor who told me he had no issue with my abilities and thought that I was fine and would make a competent pilot.

Then I found out that several of the other students had had the same problem with my regular instructor and had left or moved schools. I had a word to the CFI, changed instructors and went from there. Licensed, happy, now working....and I have proven many many times that I am suitable to wash aircraft.

Upshot is, talk to your school, your money, your time and effort, and you may avoid an issue for someone else in the future. Treat it as your first foray into CRM by discussing the issues with your CFI.

All the best.

WB