PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pregnant RAF officer awarded £16,000 for discrimination
Old 9th Jun 2010, 18:23
baffman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airpolice
So now we have reached the point where name calling is deemed to be a suitable response.

Instead of this being a forum where we can all state our opinion on the part of the case that has been made public, now we have to be subjected to being called Bigots by those who do not share our view. Oh the irony.

Years ago I was told that Opinions are like Ar$eh0les, everybody has one, but the safe thing to do is run away from anybody who seems interested in yours!

Personally I havent accused anyone here of being a bigot, but those who used the term might have been referring to posts like this:

Originally Posted by airpolice
In the RAF that I served in, splits were shown the door as soon as they got pupped.
I have no problem at all with rational criticism and debate about the employment tribunal's decision, or even the law that allows armed forces personnel to take their case to such a tribunal in strictly limited circumstances. Change the law and change the advertising if you like.

What I object to is retired individuals queuing up to have a go at an individual serving member of the armed forces for seeking redress through a system intended for that purpose.