PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost Bombers.
Thread: Lost Bombers.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 12:40
Load Toad

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I used the wrong name - this was the bit I was referring to:

Jerry, I am afraid you are missing the point. Indeed much material does come from crown copyright sources, BUT there are rules about the use of crown material. One is that ALL sources are credited. Two, that copy of the work is to be deposited with the said crown source or archive.
Also the ops records etc are often wrong and have been corrected after hundreds of hours research by bone fide authors. For someone then to copy this without acknowledgement is immoral. Stealing is another name for it.
Another big issue is that the when somebody quotes from another work as in Lost Bombers case, they are often copying the format. For example all the ops records are available at Kew but they are not available as in the case of my own book, where all the data from all squadrons on the one operation is found in one book. This took me two years to do and all sources and acknowledgements are quoted. AND I have the honesty to put my name to the work. I also answer all enquiries about my work. J W Sharp has not done either of these things, nor has he answered my enquiries about his work or Bill Chorley's for that matter.

Peter