PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has the AFAP ever had a decent win?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 08:01
Lawrie Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Packs On
Whilst it would be nice to get over the history, it is unfortunate that we have a tendency to repeat the same errors if it is not understood.
You will find from all of my posts here that i have advoocated a united pilot body not the continuing splinters.
Will it happen it is up to you as pilots. As to how it comes together?

The one point that has been made time and again is that EQUITY in standing is necessary for it to work. That means the GA pilot has as much standing as the A380 Captain. This point has not been accepted by Qantas pilots since the talks started, if we have one group trying to 'control' the situation then we have a repeat of 1981 of the group in the minority (perceived or otherwise) taking their bat and ball and leaving.

Further it is clear to us that Qantas pilots are financially supporting and encouraging splinter groups that too defeats the purpose of unity and sets back any attempt to unite Australian Pilots under one umbrella.

I would encourage those who advocate one body to get active as there appears to be a long way to go if the current behaviour continues.

Lawrie Cox