PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Pilot needs advice
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 07:17
rabidcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Student Pilot needs advice

My first post here and instead of contributing, I am begging for some help. I don't really know where to begin.
I am at about 60hrs r22 time
I do 2hrs a day almost every day of lessons (fly or grnd)
I study my butt off every night
I try to be a sponge in the classroom and outside

I have a fairly inexperienced flight instructor who is very nice and tries very hard, but just can't seem to help me get down autorotation for anything. This particular instructor had an issue early in the new job by having had an overspeed with a student doing an auto. I am pretty sure that because of that incident, my instructor (in my very humble opinion) seems too jumpy to let me actually complete the entire autorotation maneuver without any input from the left seat. Now, I have been at these autos for over 2 months now and it seems I can do them O.K. when it is someone else instructing (or letting me have the reigns), but not hardly at all with this instructor.

At this point I feel like I would have been a private pilot 20hrs ago with my former CFI, and saved me a $100000000 dollars. I used to be much more confident in my ability to progress and be a capable enough pilot for my level of experience; now I am not sure I'm even cut out for this or if I should even be getting in the solo seat. The shameful part is, I used to be able to do autos...

How long did it take everyone else to learn this stuff? It just isn't all that dang hard right?