PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 04:53
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you use the Search Function you will find several posts describing the Chinese medical. To save you time here is one.

Medical exam:
EKG while running (actually its not running, it's walking fast.) on a treadmill. You will be sweating at the end of this test even if you are in decent shape. They are stressing your heart. You'll run in pants (what ever you have on) and socks...no shoes. As time goes by the treadmill inclines.
Blood work (check kidney functions and for cholesterol..please no comments on my poor spelling)
Brain scann...I'm not kidding!
Check reflexes and bone structure (squats and look at you in your underwear, check hands).
Eyes (if you wear contacts or glasses...no problem just make sure you bring them..bringing a prescription will only confuse the doctors)
Hearing test
Ultrasound your kidneys and look for gallstones (this is the one that seems to be tricky....if you have them, you fail and need to get them removed...if you have small ones or just a slight chance of having them later....you'll need to remove them).
Just my opinion; If your a drinker and a smoker...overweight or not in the best of health, do something to get yourself in better shape. Stop smiking and drinking for a time, start running or walking.

The Chinese, smoke, drink and dont eat healthy; you on the other hand are going to be put through a screening that is like nothing you've ever seen before....why give them any reasons to fail your medical. They will flagg anything and most of the time, it's for no good reason.