PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all you new cadets at ryan
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 01:44
Bruce Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G.S. Willy,

Thank you for the history lesson. I can assure you i dont need it thank you.

Your assertion that it was a newly licensed pilot somewhere in the world started the P2F trend is frankly utter rubbish. Meanwhile you negate to consider contributing factors. Here's a tip, read Mike Hammer's post above. Have a think about it. Then read it again. Then, have another think about it.

Then re-read the snorting, guffawing and sanctimony dripping posts in this thread, then have another think.

Then think about professional behaviour, attitude and mindsets. Then re-read this thread again.

With the level of disdain dsiplayed for people starting out in this industry, ie cadets, by those currently established in this industry, (see this thread) it's patently obvious that there is neither solidarity, nor respect for those at lower levels.

Frankly, who is more dedicated to a life career in the industry, the person who borrows and pays for it out of their own pocket, or the person that didnt put their hand in their pocket and had it all paid for them, just becuase in a different time, with different economics the operator picked up the tab?

You think people out there WANT to have to pay for a TR ? If they had a choice to pay for a TR themselves, or let the operator pick up the tab they would choose to pay for it themselves ?

The days of a paid TR and a 2 year bond are over, it's unlikely they will be back. that is a harsh reality.

I am clueless on what to do about this,
I am not.

Thank you for your continual bold emphasis of my wording harsh industry reality, however, what you are intimating by that, frankly I have no idea, nor care.

The current harsh industry reality, is by large created by ourselves, and our willingness to do anything to get ahead.
It is and it isnt.