PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2010, 22:44
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry Guys, I copied the wrong link.
Read about this incident in a book years ago in which several CVR-Recordings were listed. This book contains several incidents/accidents of A300s in Asia unfortunately.
It's easy to get the wrong 'bus crash in Asia, there were indeed many in years past.

Concerning to the book mentioned the Captain was a US- or Canadian Expat and PF on the leg and gave the "Contine Landing"-Command when suddenly the F/O initiated a GA.
This lead (as mentioned in the links) to a delayed Touch-Down with subsequent overran of the RWY.
On this one, the captain BW was a 'North American' (i.e. a Canadian, not an American or a Mexican ). I believe he came from Wardair and had to flee the country on short notice to avoid possible charges as an expat commander involved in an accident. I think he may be retired from Air Canada by now.

It is a classic case of how not to do it. They probably had room to either land long and stop or go around but not do both halfway. I too thought of this crash when details began to emerge on the AIX mishap: expat and local crew, reported dispute over landing or go around and reports of a late touchdown.