PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2010, 19:45
Flyingphil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Guys, I copied the wrong link.
Read about this incident in a book years ago in which several CVR-Recordings were listed. This book contains several incidents/accidents of A300s in Asia unfortunately.

This one here is the correct one:
ASN Aircraft accident Airbus A300B4-622R HL7296 Cheju Airport (CJU)

And here with the detail of "disagreements" between the flight-crew whether to abandon or execute the landing.
Accident Database: Accident Synopsis 08101994

Concerning to the book mentioned the Captain was a US- or Canadian Expat and PF on the leg and gave the "Contine Landing"-Command when suddenly the F/O initiated a GA.
This lead (as mentioned in the links) to a delayed Touch-Down with subsequent overran of the RWY.

May I ask again if anybody who works or has worked for a Pilot-Agency to share his/her experiences of Training before joining an operator?!?!
I knew some pilots of my company who worked elsewhere before and had to get used to our procedures although they joined us as DEC.
Some of them were retired guys from our national major airline with over 20K in the log.

In addition I watched several Justplanes-DVD's in the past and came across a bunch of different tasks and procedures with the same acfts e.g. A320
Would be interesting to know how this potential for critical mistakes (Which might also be applicapable here) is handled!