PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2010, 06:36
Polymer Fox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys.

Chalk up another who has just had their material passed on to the PSA. It seems that this thread is a breeding ground for those who are passing through the selection process. I'd just like to say thank you very much to all of those that have been talking about their stories and what they have faced because it has really helped in my selection process. Hopefully a few of us that have had our material passed on will meet each other at the coming FSP sessions. I'm in the hunt for a RAAF DEO position.

Sadly I've got some depressing news as well. I can confirm that the RAAF is slowing down the training process as there aren't enough pilots leaving the ranks and this is causing a few bottlenecks. I had the lucky chance to chat to someone at DFR who had just finished her BFTS course. Initially her waiting time for 2FTS was 3 months but just recently she has been told that the waiting time is now going to be from 6 to 12 months. Hopefully this doesn't affect those trying to get in now too much.

Fingers crossed for everyone!