PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 8th Jun 2010, 06:26
ranger07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As pressing as the need may be to resolve this, I don't think the company will dismiss any strikers who have participated in industrial action under the current ballot.

However, if there is a ballot for further industrial action, I expect some shots across the bows from BA as to whether CC have protection from unfair dismissal. If the company has given clear written warnings that they don't think that clock has been reset on the 12 week protection period, then they may feel justified in dismissing strikers (with all the adverse PR that will involve) on the basis they have an albeit untested argument for doing so.
Not so sure. Willies' silence is deafening. He's been playing it very cool, despite all the accusations of bullying and name calling, from Ms 'You'll never recognise me wearing this snout to UNITEs 'finest'. I'm sure some time soon, he will pulll the rabbit from the hat.

Been trying to find older posts regarding a poll on the BASSA website. 'Apparantly', some 80 per cent would rather see the company fold than to accept the proposed T&C's.
For curiosity, I'm trying to ascertain the veracity of such a poll and the numbers in order to put this into perspective. Sadly (luckily, I guess) I'm not privy to the forum. Also, of course there would be a percentage whose vote would only be to tow the BASSA line. Can anyone elaborate?

Returning to 'sacking the strikers', I really can not see how we can move on when we have D.H implying a guerilla warfare. It would only need to be a minority that will be enough to affect our future bookings and the long term viabilty of the Airline. Hence, my question re the BASSA forum.

These minorities are those that stick their fingers up to the overwhelming public, the company and everyone else that do not agree with their seventies style garbage.
I state again, I can not see how we can move on with those hell bent on causing us harm.