PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76 down in the North Sea (Threads merged)
Old 26th Jul 2002, 01:48
Cyclic Hotline

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm not trying to start a war here, so please let's drop the matter.

Any action taken by the moderator of this forum, was at my request. The "facts" in discussion are simply untrue. I know, because like everyone else operating S-76's we dealt with the issue when it arose (a long, long time ago).

With all respect Lu, I am not questioning your credentials, motivation or credibility. I am simply ensuring that any technical discussion be limited to the actual events, causes, findings and remedies. The facts that I am disputing are the experience I acquired whilst dealing directly with these original occurences a long time ago. So facts? Well my facts I guess!

The previous failures related to main rotor spindles. At no time were the blades implicated. There have been other blade issues, but unrelated to a failure of this type.

It is entirely inappropriate that any employee of Sikorsky (especially of the stature of the very identifiable poster here) would make any comment at this stage of ANY investigation, or be requested to respond by any of us here. Although immediate cause and mitigation may be defined, the completion of the investigation is a long way away and it is quite unreasonable to consider that anyone from Sikorsky would comment in any other manner than in an official capacity, (think litigation).

We are not going to solve this issue on this forum and should really consider the effects upon the families and colleagues affected by this, as well as individuals outside this sphere of operation who may not have the information to determine the veracity of the discussion.