PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Computer Flight Simulations for Training
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2001, 18:15
MikeSamuel

Talking

I remember once, when I was working in a computer store, a guy I sold a PC to, who promptly returned his copy of Flight Sim 2000, telling me it was more of a simulator rather than a game.
I witheld my smiles and temptation to say "Well Duh" being the true pro that I am.

The guy had a point though. He had young kids, and all kids really want to do is have fun. They want to throw the joystick around, rather than touch it once every now and again to correct the localiser.

These sims may appear too easy to a real flyer, but Microsoft and Take2 (creators of Fly!) only really want to sell their product, and the easier it is, the more they will sell, and their customers will enjoy it.

I'm sure there are loads of really professional sims out there, but then again, the trend for home users is towards the easier game-type sim...

If you are looking for good realism without braving the weather, then suck up to BA, and they might let you into one of their sims

I can't see how one can think that sitting in the spare room, with a joystick and if you are lucky a pair of pedals can be realistic...and the view is rubbish

Anyway - I'm having a trial next week, so I'll have a bit of a broader opinion...

Good post though, Regards

Mike

[This message has been edited by MikeSamuel (edited 01 June 2001).]