PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 23:10
sensor_validation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One for the conspiracy theorists:-

When the 1st BEA interim report was issued on 2nd July 2009 the English language version was only 72 pages long, it didn't have all the appendices in the French version. The version with the same filename f-cp090601e1.en.pdf (created 28th July 2009) now on the BEA website is complete and is 128 pages long, but doesn't include the exact final position ACARS message, which is in the earlier version

Code:
2:10:34 #0210/+2.98-30.59
This is the same location described elsewhere, but was it removed because

a) They missed the fact that this position was slightly off-track (see takata post earlier re eurocockpit analysis)

or

b) The position is more likely to be @2:10:30 (higher priority messages inserted into sequence), which puts it some 20 seconds or so after the cascade of errors started, not just before. I'm pretty sure mm43 posted before about positions quoted at half-minutes, but maybe that was based on Brazilian Air Force extrapolation data - they also had a position at 02:14z.

or

c) It just wasn't supposed to be there in the first place (wasn't in the first TV leak),

Can't say its very important, but I was sure I'd seen the #02:10 position report, but no obvious revision marks to the document...

For all the AF447 positions from 00:10 in ACARS 2 dp precision use in

Flight Paths of Flight AF 447 and of the flights that crossed the zone around the same time

see

http://www.bea.aero/en/enquetes/flig...data/AF447.txt

Last edited by sensor_validation; 10th Jun 2010 at 21:05.