PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A difficult career decision - advice appreciated!
Old 7th Jun 2010, 22:11
Dakotablue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel for you I really do. I'm also in the same situation (sort of). I've been waiting in a hold pool now for nearly 2 years and things do seem to be picking up (at a very slow rate mind you).

I also have a significant other, but I'm probably looking at a trial seperation soon due to the pressures of the economic downturn. I've turned down opportunities outside of aviation in the hope that the industry will pick up and I that I could get back in to flying (I've invested over 7 years in to flying now). My wife has had enough citing my need to chase a 'pipe dream'!

Now I face a new world of hurt and until you're in that very situation it's hard to imagine the emotional stress this brings on!!! I'm trying desperately to hold on to my marriage but I fear it might be too late for us.

My personal advice... go with the job that offers a concrete career for now at least. If it's IT then do it, you 'll benefit from it and keep the Mrs happy and ultimately you might not realise it now but you'll be better off for it.

Never thought I'd have to look at speaking to divorce lawyers and the sort. Been with my wife now for 14 years, totally gutted.

It's up to you....

Hope this helps in some way with your decision making.