PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey University
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2002, 00:34
Skye Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't be put off by the knockers

Massey University is the flight school that I obtained my Multi Engined IR and other qualifications necessary to be marketable in the field of Aviation. I am now a Boeing 737 EFIS Check and Training Captain.
Whilst I was attending Massey there was Industry wide knocking of the School (in New Zealand), which of course made me nervous in regard to my future (a lot of money was being invested in it). However throughout my training there, I received nothing but the highest standard of instruction and was expected nothing less in return of my performance. The School teaches to a much greater knowledge base than many other schools which only teach to pass the exams or flight test. At times this was frustrating as all I wanted to know, at the time was what I needed to get through.
Now however I appreciate much of what I was taught then, as it applies directly to what I do day to day.
I suggest you look closely at Massey University as one of your options. It has bode well for many whom have made it work well for them.
Do not believe all you hear from others who are possibly trying to attract you to be THEIR next student.