PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Package Flight delay info, reason recorded anywhere I can view online ?
Old 7th Jun 2010, 19:29
DOBEYPETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou for all your views & explanations offered. The reason I asked about possible info online concerning delays is as follows. We were picked up at resort @ 19.45 for an 23.15 departure. I sat at the front of the coach near to the First Choice holiday rep. Because we had experienced a 5 hour delay on the flight to Antalya I asked the rep if our homeward flight was on time, she replied yes it was as scheduled for 23.15 departure & she did not know of any delays. We were dropped at Antalya airport @ 20.30. After passing through initial security check we approached the checkin desks to be told that there was a minimum 5 hour delay on the flight, which suggested to all there that the incoming flight from Man had not even taken off at that time. Now it seems to me that the First Choice rep I spoke to on the coach was either telling lies or genuinely did not have the info.
Anyway to continue, at 21.30 ,still in a queue at the checkin desks, we were informed that the flight would not be going until the next day, in other words cancelled. So now we have 315 passengers requiring accomodation, which eventually was organised & we all reached a hotel room by 02.00 next day. Pick up next morning @ 11.30 for a 14.20 departure. One coach even managed to deliver & discharge its passengers to the wrong terminal. We eventually took off @15.20 & all arrived home safely.
Now the point I am trying to ascertain is at what time did Thomson Airways decide that the flight was to be cancelled ? Could we have stayed in our resort overnight with an rescheduled pickup ?
The First Choice reps at the airport indicated to me that they had not experienced this before. From the passengers point of view, the whole experience was not handled by the First Choice reps with any degree of forethought.