PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 17:05
Papillon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA appear to be dealing with individuals who have crossed BA's line with regard to inappropriate behaviour. What you appear to be suggesting is that anybody who has withdrawn there labour, should be dismissed.
There's a pretty big chunk of opinion that thinks exactly that Litebulbs, both inside and outside BA. I wouldn't underestimate the frustration and anger with the strikers that exists out there, both from customers and staff. People might not like to hear it (and may strongly disagree) but that's why you're seeing comments about overpaid trolley dollies (yes, I know people wince at that - but it does get said by many) appearing here as well.

I doubt BA will go that far, this is a company that's never so much as made anyone compulsorily redundant (as a collection of delighted and substantially richer Voluntary Severance ex-staff will testify), but if they did, I rather doubt there'd be much in the way of sympathy across a swathe of opinion.

You have to ask how the employee group got itself in such a mess that as a collective their colleagues start talking about "hating" them and so on. Comments like that get jumped on, and rightly so; washing your dirty linen in public is a bad idea, on here but the fact it is happening at all is notable.