PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Selection and selection
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 17:02
AJArkley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh, what an assumptive bunch you are.

I have no recollection of prioritising any approach controller over any other. I even went and re-read the thread, and still couldn't find any. My "London Belfast" comment was more about the increasing radius in which airfields can be called "London ..." This is particularly derived from the recent addition of London Oxford to the bunch. I was simply emphasising my desire to control one of the Swanwick positions; this is mainly due to the area. I prefer living in the South, what little of my family remains is in the South, and I would prefer to stay here. That does not, however, dismiss the fact that should my application to NATS be successful, I would be happy to go where the Company puts me.

Snob? No. Sky God? Never, such things don't exist. I have maximum respect for anyone related with Aeronautical bits, be it a Ballooner, Glider, SEP, MEP, Multi-Jet or Space Shuttle pilot, or an Air/Grand Operator, AFISO or ATCO. My horizons were well broadened after my visits to Farnborough and Swanwick, where I have seen what controllers of many types have to deal with. Perhaps the most eye-opening portion of my time was spent set at London Information with a loveley woman, lsitening to the co-ordination of a PC12 with Dublin. At about the same time, traffic levels were deemed high enough to split the two FIS positions. The handover was seemless, and I was amazed at the simplicity that was shown of such a complex entity.

Whilst your targetted comments may have been intended light heartedly, I for one do not take kindly to that sort of accusation. I would never speak of any controller in such a manner.

Kindly,
Adam Arkley