PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Aviation Air Charter
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2002, 23:20
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HankyPanky,
I've seen competent people get rejected for a number of reasons: Doesn't fit in/We don't like/Doesn't try hard enough/(was going to include the N word for dramatic effect but it would have been starred out!) - these are some reasons given - happened from time to time & seriously p1ssed me off when it did!

I know someone (competent) with a brown skin who got the job for that reason (colour) from a group trying hard to promote their all-embracing ethos (puke!) - whom I have advised not to look a gift horse in the mouth! (And no, I'm not a lefty luvvie!)

So! - don't immediately assume that someone didn't get the job because they're blik - it could be because a very careful employer is only taking people he can personally check out from internal references.

Unfortunately the foregoing does leave the recruiters open to the suggestion of running a mafia but rapidly expanding Small Companies don't have the luxury of a Big Airways recruitmet system.

p.s. just in from pub with another pp contributer so apologies to all if foregoing is silly