PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 14:23
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sabotage

from ` another place`

``
Just spoken to a colleague... she brought back a flight the day after the "breather day". She left LHR on a strike day. When they boarded the aircraft for the return sector, they were all shocked to find that all tea and coffee bags had been torn, sugar sachets torn and emptied, eye wash removed, liquor bars were virtually empty (including back-ups) and threatening notes hidden in the jumpseats.

I would well believe this.

Similar things on the flight that I operated back on.

We had the bonus of playing Challenge Anneka around the aircraft to remove the Stickers adorned in every toilet/mirror/bulkhead with the phrase "Brutish Airways"

Lovely ``

This, sadly , is typical of the `bassa` lot!
In the past we have had stickers pro BASSA on aircraft and stupid things happening like crew emptying out every unopened bottle of wine or champagne and throwing it away.
Never though has it extended to safety equipment being tampered with.

There is a simple way to deal with this.
If on taking over an aircaft and bars are empty or bond find empty bars (more than usual) then the whole crew should be interviewed and searched on return to base.Similarly any aircraft found adorned with stickers.There is a procedure for this in place but rarely if ever used.
Anyone with anti-company stickers on their person or in their baggage should be invited to appear an be interviewed by their manager and their commitment to their job and the company questioned.
I would also ban BASSA lanyards and baggage labels.
Just as another reminder as to who these people actually work for!!

It seems typical when put alongside the behaviour taunts chants an postings of striking crew.