PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Incident 06/06/10
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 14:20
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cessna 152 was parked right next to my aircraft. (Before we go any further, I wasn't there). From what I have heard, the engine started with full throttle set, no brakes and no chocks. There was (as usual) a row of aircraft ahead.

It swerved off to the left (towards the buildings and another row of aircraft - instead of to the right - which leads to a fairly large grass airfield), which would have been a hell of a lot better. The right wing (just where the strut meets the D-box) hit the fin and rudder of G-CDEK and spun the resulting whirling dervish into the rear fuselage of the Diamond. The prop of the Cessna chopped the ar*e end off the DA-40 completely.

Having looked at both aircraft today, the Cessna would probably be OK after a new right wing and prop (with the consequent engine shock load test).

Having seen the inside of the severed DA-40 rear fuselage, I don't think I will ever go near one of them in the future.

Something tells me that this isn't the first time that the Dirty Dozen machine has been involved in an assault?