PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North West Air Ambulance: West Cumbria
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 10:15
DrinkGirls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lala Steady. The NWAA second aircraft does not fly tuesdays and wednesdays at the moment, but as money becomes available, I believe they plan to go 7 days. The other one wouldn't start on a hospital HLS. Those making donations may ask, and the answer is that aircraft, like any machinery, can break down. I believe that the pilot was blue-lighted to manchester to pick up the other aircraft and got NWAA back on line very quickly. Bodyproject says that in the meantime, the paramedics deployed with the RAF. That sounds to me like really good crisis management during a stressful time for emergency services. What Jayteeto says is correct, you should be patting each other on the back, not stabbing in the back. I think that NWAA are contracted with Bond Air Services who will either fix the aircraft or get a replacement in place within a day. A day is pretty good, considering some northern based charity aircraft were off line for months. I have searched and read NWAAs press releases, they tend to mention when nearby units were involved in jobs. Can't you all swallow your pride and acknowledge each other?