PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 09:55
oldtimersdisease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristow morale is reaching a new low as pilots are told they have to wait until at least 30 June for news on alternative employment in the Bristow Group. Many have already either been approached by Caverton or applied to DanCopter and are trying to get friends to apply at the same time. With the new management seeming to be paralyzed and DanCopter saying they will take on any pilots Bristow can't find work for, all a lot of people are waiting for is full details of contracts and pay with DanCopter before they quit. There aren't so many interested in Caverton, but if the rumor of an offshore company being set up in the Cayman Islands is true there are quite a number of guys now who've had enough and are ready to go. They reckon all they're doing is changing one employer for a European employer who may even treat them better and pay them better. I'm still waiting to hear and I have doubts about this 60% of the money going to the Caymans, because that's just not the Nigerian way . I'm also not convinced that a small company like DanCopter with no experience of anything remotely like Nigeria will be able to hold its own against Caverscam with all the 'big men' they now have on their board