PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 7th Jun 2010, 08:42
Chigley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n68

I agree with ottergirl that you and dave3 are representative of the majority of cabin crew in as much as we are capable of having an adult discussion but from a different perspective. And as you guys say, we may actually learn from each other.

However, I do still have an issue with your point regarding losing our T & C's, as all the comms from BA have clearly stated that we will continue to benefit from these? I believe it's the union that in fact sending out a strong message that we are losing them?

Also, I fully respect your decision to go on strike and can see from your very well reasoned arguments why you have chosen to do so. But in your last post you mentioned that you are 'putting yourself on the line for others'. This I do not accept as for me people on strike are just making the situation worse.

I and many of my colleagues recognised a fair and reasonable offer back in October, which included an extra ticket and a share option scheme. An offer we would have happily accepted, as well as enjoying our current t&c's.

Therefore, strikers are not doing me any favours, they have just made our offer and situation worsen.