PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Jun 2010, 11:37
RadarIdent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agree to disagree

I do not believe that management have deliberately caused a divide, though, to my mind, it's certainly not an equal divide.

I will NEVER change my views. BASSA needed it's wings clipped, there are many in their midst who have alternative political motives (Willie, Willlie Willie...etc). ALL departments have taken hits, BASSA, despite talks lasting in excess of 14 months, REFUSED to play ball except offer savings that were to be repaid. Staff just had enough and wanted the Airline not just to survive, but to prosper. Consequently, staff 'backed BA', the rest is history. I will not move on this.

HOWEVER, strikers will disagree with my view as much as I disagree with their view.

That's why my previous posts have asked as to the viability of moving forward as 'one'.

Sometimes I feel we can, then feel the total opposite. We are now coming to the end of these strikes, no doubt the in-fighting will continue in its wake.

I don't know anymore. All I do know is that however we feel, we have customers to look after, and, hopefully entice their return after this damage.

I hope CRM then becomes a natural occurence in the fulness of time, if we can not endorse it any other way.

Let's at least focus on our passengers, however we feel, and prove to them that we are worthy of their custom. That indeed MUST be a common aim, no matter how are views differ.