PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Jun 2010, 11:06
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was BASSA and Unite that picked this battle. Not BA. It was BASSA and Unite that initiated the ballots for industrial action and it was cabin crew that gave BASSA and Unite the mandate to wreak absolute havoc with it. It is BASSA that has been issuing all the anti-pilot/management bile and you can't blame BA for doing all that it can to mitigate the impact of the strikes.
it's not unite that needs to make sure the workforce is happy.It is the company's responsability. so it is most definitely the management failure!I am not blaming Ba for trying to mitigate the impact of the strike..previous to the strike other dept were fed infos as cc the only dept not having taken cuts..how many times I have heard this..Well,nobody remembers this but it wasn't even 3 years ago,that we were getting ready for a strike,because of cost cuts.They wanted us on the hourly rate and through negotiations we ended up having a cut here and there and the promise for better relations with the union.I remember people saying we had been sold by the union and a general feeling of unhappiness but hey! So we have already been targeted then..it 's a vicious circle under this management.It's continuos! And from what I have heard it was what happened at Air Lingus. It was never stopping. And in the meantime the people at the top earn more and more.If you do a quick research,about 10 years ago a CEO of any company was earning 38 times what its employee did.As of today it is 80 times. I know it is not just BA, but we are lucky to have the chance to fight against this and to try and keep our t&c-not many people have this- why so many see it as so wrong?