PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Jun 2010, 10:36
windows69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we also not forget the case of a manager assaulting a cabin crew member in front of his 80 year old mother. I will be carrying my safecall card as well because frankly being a striker puts me in a vunerable position. We all know that if i so much as look at someone in a way they perceive to be a dirty look i will be suspended and the company will instantly take the side of the person that reports me. As far as the case of the oxygen bottles ,well im astounded, how is this backing BA??? Also a facebook comment by a pilot describing Nigeria as a toilet and making vile comments about our customers has really shocked the strikers. We may all have different opinions on this strike , but some of the innacuracies i read on here are astounding. Lizanne has been at Bedfont every single day for those enquiring about her whereabouts. A pilot on my last trip came into the galley and told me of stories that the bus that went up to the High Court , he claimed the people on board were singing derogatory comments about loaders and strikebreakers. To clear this up i was on this bus and the whole journey was filmed and at no point did this ever happen. Apparently the operation whilst we strike is robust, and you are all doing fine without us , so i wonder why many of you seem so angered by our democratic right to take industrial action. Surely you have nothing to be concerned about so why discuss it anymore? We are not hooligans or thugs and from the few cases described above , if anyone needs protection at work it is us.