PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus A-330 aileron castings
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2010, 10:33
tubby linton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found this
"I've also heard that A330-300 EI-ORD experienced turbulence on the descent into Chicago as EI125 on 11 May, possibly resulting in damage to the spoilers. This aircraft has not been monitored since that date, so it may also be temporarily out of action. Anyone know more?"

"Does anybody have any more details on EI-ORD?

It seems to be out of action at the moment with no movements since that flight on the 11th of May. The return flight was also cancelled that night.

Looking at the logs, they must have hit some pretty heavy turbulence with strong t-storm activity and cumulonimbus build up at the time of the descent and approach. They also did one of two circuits prior to landing, over central South western Michigan and again directly over the lake...

At around 6,000 feet, the airspeed also seems to have briefly dropped as low as 119 KTS, probably indicating a moment of significant turbulence. There were also, however, sharp fluctuations in speed at 20,000 Feet..

EI Premier"

Last edited by tubby linton; 6th Jun 2010 at 10:48. Reason: Found the post I was looking for.