PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2010, 10:30
ARRAKIS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What Smolesnk blog saw and took pics - by the looks of it, the chaps think it's smth No 6. The manual to this version 6 (found in the internet) has a part "Error by height". It seems quite awful, "error 100 m - when the plane is in settled steady glidepath landing" and "error 300 meters - to define a plane's position ? like, anywhere it is? off-hand? chancily?
When you simply want to see where is what, without previous ideas of it.
Alice, could you give me the page number of the Smolensk forum thread this information was published. I've seen it, but can't remember where exactly.
One more thing Alice.
As I saw, there is some kind of debate about the distance readouts by the ATC.
The 2 km redout is at 10:40:38
The beacon sound is at 10:40:56
Which gives around 53 m/s speed (190 km/h). Impossible.
If you look at the time difference between the far beacon sound and the 4 km readout (23 s), you will get a speed around 91 m/s (around 330 km/h). Again impossible. Assuming around 75-77 m/s speed, the time difference between 4-3-2 km readouts are correct.
It means that ATC distance readouts were about 5 seconds to early.

The 6 km readout was also to early, but as I don't know exactly, what was the time difference between the far beacon sound and the moment the aircraft flew above it (could someone check the technical data of those beacons) I can't estimate exactly the time advance on the 6 km readout.

Arrakis