PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2010, 06:00
Human Cargo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Mr. Pet Sir.
As to my posting i would refer you to the Title..
"ETHIOPIAN A REALITY CHECK"

I have no agenda since i am neither employed there nor do i have any plans of going there. However i did have the opportunity to meet some foriegn ET crew in FRR and In ADD within the last few weeks. And they all tell the same dreadful story. ALL the expats captains on the 738 have failed the sim check on the 1st go. And then given and equally hard time on the line training buy younger and less experienced "line Trainers". Its supposed to be line training and introduction to their opperations but its more like Hazing.

Like wise on the 75/76 every Expat Captain has been "harrassed" to the point of total humiliation, buy yelling training Captains who make false accusations for minor differences in interpretations of SOP and aircraft system operations.

One Captain actually cancelled Takeoff clearence and returned to the gate and got off the aircraft! and when the Passengers saw this the wanted to get off too! Because of the Vorracity of the training captains remarks. Unsafe Cockpit...Your Think!!
Mind you these EXpat Captains are retired from other airlines who have flown these types for over 20 years.

So again I say, This is the "ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES reality check"!
If your are going to go there, Please read the find print and ask your self, Are you able to put up with this type of humiliation for Less pay! Or else stay away.

Cheers!
HC.