PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pregnant RAF officer awarded £16,000 for discrimination
Old 5th Jun 2010, 20:26
baffman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airpolice
I'm only suggesting she should either be willing to take the Queen's shilling and do as instructed, or hand in the Uniform, live in Quarters with her husband and raise children.

She can't have it both ways. How can she continue to give orders to subordinates who will just try to sue the MoD because they don't want to do what they signed up for?

If they had both been at Brize, this would not have been an issue, but MPA is not like Brize. There's a price to pay for getting the operational tick in the Ojar box.

As a means of establishing a fairer and more appropriate method of dealing with such situations, her action in suing the MoD is a good thing. However, I don't believe there was anything underhand here, she didn't object to the rules until she had to obey them. How on earth can a military service operate like that?
Hang on, whether you agree with her or not this officer OBEYED the rules in every detail. All she has done to offend you so greatly is to seek redress within the Service system and then to seek to exercise her rights provided by Parliament and recognised by the Ministry of Defence to take her case to an Employment Tribunal.

Originally Posted by airpolice
In the RAF that I served in, splits were shown the door as soon as they got pupped.
Further comment superfluous.