PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2010, 20:21
Alice025

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singaporecanac, I suppose the military books aren't in the internet, otherwise someone would have given a link at Smolensk blog a hundred times already :o)

It's back to discussion what was the deal for that trip btw Poland and Russia. As most folks suspect it is by "special agreement", which might contain what Russia provides to Poland, what Poland provides in terms of I don't know, there was a visa check up point improvised in the open field :o), of all things, out of the blue Customs' point organised, mobile, for a day, it's not a aerodrome "by the book". So what ground control does and what plane does - doesn't exactly fall under mode of comms that'll be specified for a Russian military aerodrome, or for a normal civil aviation int'l rules.
For one thing - Polish military plane is not military for the Russian military controller (as the crew does not report to Russian Air Force commander, being not part of the local defence system). Simply, an alien, from beyond the system.
Peaceful alien, for the ground control.
All Smolensk aerodrome people in the knowing seem to have signed up for not bla-bla until the end of the investigation. You can't get out of them anything. What is the status of military system controller, by the way, who out-lived his military unit that was re-located, and was left behind (many of them) to service one-off flights. Is he in the (military) service now, for a sec? Even that is unknown.
With the rules, applied to that flight - simply a legal puzzle, until documents are released re how it was all organised, in the first place, between the two countries.

Anyway I am sure if Russia in that special agreement promised an acting and able flight controller, up to his duties - he ought to have been exactly that, and doing his work well, and equipped with things as agreed for the flight management, in this I agree with you absolutely.